February 15, 2015

Wii Sports Club

Nerdy. Awesome.
Date played: February 15th
Platform: Wii U
Session fun rating: 7/10

A while ago, Wii Sports Club was automatically downloaded to my Wii U. I never touched it, having played my fair share of the original Wii Sports. My daughter was asking to play something with me, so I thought we could try Wii Sports. This is basically a Wii U remake of Wii Sports that includes online play and a weird pricing scheme. It includes a 24 hour free trial, so I played some Golf, Tennis, Bowling and Baseball.

There is some cool stuff added for the Gamepad, like a nice throwing and catching mechanic for Baseball and an awesome "ball view" for Golf. It looks nerdy, yet awesome. It's weird to put the Gamepad down at my feet as if it were a real tee. My daughter liked swinging the bat a few times during baseball, but found it a bit too difficult. The other games are more difficult, so she preferred to watch as I played. Bowling is still the best game too. Tennis sucks.