February 12, 2015

inFAMOUS First Light

Date played: February 11th
Platform: PS4
Session fun rating: 8/10

I've been busy upgrading my PS4's hard drive from 500GB to 2TB in the last few days, so I wasn't able to play games. Last night, I finally put my machine to the test with some inFAMOUS First Light.

I didn't play anything that was story related but I played all the available side missions and gathered all collectibles currently available. There are collectibles all over the map that grant me upgrade points. Many of those are hard to reach and require some long jumps, smart hovers and fast running. There were also some graffiti spots similar to what was in Second Son, but Fetch uses her neon powers instead of paint.
Those little red orbs are fun to gather
Finally, I completed all the race events around the city. These are actually chases rather than races as Fetch must catch a fleeing bulb of light, similar to the feather chasing missions in Assassin's Creed 3 and the shanties in Assassin's Creed 4. Since Fetch is very fast, it's pretty exciting, though generally it was a bit too easy. With my upgrade points, I improved many of my moves to maximum and have nothing else on the map except the main mission.