February 19, 2015

Mario Kart 7

Date played: February 19th
Platform: 3DS
Session fun rating: 8/10

I played another local multiplayer Mario Kart 7 Grand Prix, this time on the Flower Cup. My opponent is still learning the ropes of this version of the game such as gliding, riding underwater and learning the new tracks.

Mario Circuit is one of the best tracks in the game
Wuhu Loop is a fun track, though it was a bit difficult for my friend. Mario Circuit is one of my favorite games in the entire game. It has big, wide corners that allow for fantastic drifting sections. Music Park is another challenging track when first trying it out, so my friend had trouble here too, but I absolutely love it. It's fast and well designed. Finally, we tackled Rock Rock Mountain. Another well designed track with a few very fun gliding sections. I won every race and my friend did rather well as a whole, placing 4th overall. While we have limited time to play, local Mario Kart multiplayer is always a ton of fun and I can't wait to play again!