February 2, 2015

Halo 3

Date played: February 1st
Platform: Xbox One
Session fun rating: 9/10

I played 2 levels of Halo 3, Floodgate and The Ark. Floodgate is all about fighting the Flood on Earth and as usual, fighting Flood is boring. There were a few new types at least, including some infected Brutes, but the shotgun and assault rifle made short work of the swarming enemies. At the end of the level, Master Chief enters the infected Covenant ship and finds a message from Cortana. She clearly has some weird stuff going on with Gravemind, the Flood overlord, but also convinced all of us that going through the portal found in Africa will take us to the Ark and a solution to the Flood, as well as a way to stop the prophet of Truth.
The Ark was an amazing level
The Ark was an amazing level, filled with fun sequences. I used the awesome, 4 seat Brute vehicle called the Prowler to mow down enemy Covenant troops as I made my way to the target installation. Along the way, I also used a Brute Chopper, a Gauss Warthog, a Scorpion tank and a Ghost! I took out another Scarab, this time using the Warthog's guns to bring it to it's knees. I sniped some Brutes in the head too. In the end, we saw some sentinels being activated for an unknown purpose, but decide to continue and chase Truth to stop him from activating the Halo rings.