June 29, 2014

Watch Dogs

Date played: June 29th
Platform: PS4
Session fun rating: 9/10

I can't believe it! I finally ran out of side missions, for now. I've managed to complete all the gang hideouts and the 40 fixer missions required for the trophies. I still have one criminal convoy left, but it doesn't show on the map yet, so I'm not sure what's up with that. All three of these mission types have become a lot harder towards the end. It wasn't uncommon for me to have to knock down three targets as opposed to one. The dudes are also heavily armoured and have some pretty strong weaponry. It was really fun to go through these well made scenarios.

I went back to the campaign of course, as I ran out of other stuff to do. I completed the first act by infiltrating the prison to scare a witness. Aiden walked in with his gun out...which of course led to his arrest and incarceration. He got his business partner Jordi to smuggle his phone in. The prison is run by ctOS so it wasn't long before Aiden made his way through the place and found his target. He was being roughed up by a dozen guards for unknown reasons, so I barged in with a new shotgun I picked up in the armoury and shot every guard. I met my target, scared the shit out of him and escaped. I had a rough time with the cops outside. I used a couple of grenades, an assault rifle and some IED's to clear out the exit. One of the cooler hacks is the ability to disable helicopters for a few seconds which I was forced to use here to escape.

Hi, can you babysit this kid who is being chased by dangerous gangsters? Great, thanks.
Act 2 starts with a bang as Damien Brenks, Aiden's old partner turned enemy, kidnaps Nicole and threatens to kill her if Aiden doesn't help him get some data. After a tense conversation in Nicole's house, Aiden complies, but is now worried about Jackson, his nephew, who is now missing. It turns out he was running away in a train, but was being chased by some of Damien's guys... I think. I shot his pursuers in the face and rescued him. Aiden got in touch with a good friend who agreed to keep Jackson until the dust settles.