June 21, 2014

Child of Light

Date played: June 21st
Platform: PS4
Session fun rating: 10/10

I'm still being held hostage by my 4 year old daughter... She insists on being there when I play this great RPG, so progress is slow. Of course, her innocent outlook on the game makes the experience incredibly rewarding and honestly, really fucking cute.

I explored the Cynbel Sea quite a bit, fighting monsters and finding treasure along the way. I found a cool side quest that had me find 6 fireflies that were lost in the world. There were 2 in the forest, 2 in the plains and 2 in the sea. Thankfully, they weren't too hard to find, thanks to fast travel. These little fireflies are siblings of Igniculus. There was a really nice moment between them before they left...

The Cynbel Sea is full of dangerous bosses
I managed to get enough oculi to craft some higher end stones. It's really costly, but I eventually crafted the wonderful Princess stone, which grants a huge attack bonus. I fought a couple of side bosses, one a large boar, the other a giant flaming bird. Finally, I reached a real boss, which was a weird looking alien fish thing. I am starting to smell the end of the game here and can't wait to see the story unfold.