June 21, 2014

Mario Kart 8

Date played: June 21st
Platform: Wii U
Session fun rating: 9/10

I had tons of fun playing some online Mario Kart in split screen with my girlfriend! I got off to a strong start, winning many races and not falling below 3rd place...until I tried a new kart combo. I think I work best with DK, the pipe frame kart and some standard wheels. It has decent speed and good enough handling to handle the tougher tracks. When I tried a kart that was a bit faster, I had problems taking hard turns.

Me and my girlfriend fight for position!
On the other hand, my girlfriend is visibly improving. She had a rough start, but she actually beat me a few times in the later races. Our best race had me in 1st place and her in 2nd! She seems to have found her setup too, using Toadette and the adorable cat kart, though I am not sure of her wheels.