June 11, 2014

Mario Kart 8

Date played: June 10th
Platform: Wii U
Session fun rating: 9/10

I think I finished Mario Kart 8, or at least, I got all the gold cups.

I really only had one to complete, the last of the retro cups in 150cc mirror mode. I used Rosalina and as expected, I like her a lot. I really seem most comfortable with the cruiser class. Donkey Kong, Waluigi, Rosalina and Roy are probably going to be my main stays in online multiplayer. The first time I played the cup, I finished 2nd by one point, but got all 1st place wins the second time around. I noticed that the menu screens had changed after completing all the gold cups, so that's cool I guess?
Rosalina drifts around N64's Rainbow Road

I also tried out Time Trials mode which feature Nintendo staff ghosts to beat. I picked Mario Kart Circuit, Donkey Kong and a fucking fast kart with bad controls, as it's a simple track. I smoked the staff ghost with ease and got a stamp for it.