June 8, 2014

Mario Kart 8

Date played: June 7th
Platform: Wii U
Session fun rating: 8/10

Lakitu loves flying
I played a lot of the mirror mode 150cc cups using a variety of characters and kart configurations. I'm definitely starting to feel my favorite karts and wheels. Typically, I like a good balance of stats, but will sacrifice some acceleration for some speed. I also tend to prefer karts to bikes, although there are a few bikes that I like. I also uploaded my first video to Youtube from the game, which you can see below. I only have one cup left to get gold on, the Lightning cup. I actually tried it twice, but had trouble placing well in the last two tracks. Grumble Volcano is still a track that I don't like. It was one of the worst in Mario Kart Wii and it's not much better here. The other is the N64 Rainbow Road which is a great track, but it's really fucking short in this version, which makes it really hard to catch up. I'll get it next time!