June 25, 2014

Watch Dogs

Date played: June 24th
Platform: PS4
Session fun rating: 8/10

Again...side missions.

I really do love the side missions in this game. There's quite a bit of variety in them so it's kept me interested while I am basically ignoring the campaign missions. I have now unlocked every ctOS tower, visited every hotspot, completed every privacy invasion, scanned every QR code and hacked every ctOS hacking box around the city. I also gathered a few burner phones and found a couple of missing persons.

Privacy invasions can be quite...disturbing
I also made a solid effort to gather the "Traced" trophy. It's based on the online, 1 on 1 tracking missions where one player must observe another for a few minutes without getting seen. It's a nice mode, but the trophy is fucked up. To get it, you must be successfully traced 5 times. The problem is that there is no way to know if you are being traced and there is no way to trigger a trace. According to online posts, odds of being invaded and traced are better if the player initiates a trace first. So I traced people in between other side missions... Eventually, I earned the trophy! In the meantime, I had a few interesting online interactions. In one hacking mission against another dude, I had to hack him while he was in a boat... of course, that turned out to be impossible as he saw me right away. He shot me with the powerful sniper rifle that can disable vehicles with one bullet. I swam away, hoping to be hidden from line of sight by my own boat. He still got me though... A few minutes later, he sent me a message with a screenshot attached. In his screen, I appeared to be hundreds of meters below sea level!