June 16, 2014

Watch Dogs

Date played: June 14th
Platform: PS4
Session fun rating: 9/10

I played hours of side missions while completely ignoring the story missions! I don't know why, but I just love side missions in open world games...

I spent most of it clearing out downtown Chicago, completing mostly fixer contracts. These are all done with vehicles, most of them being chases, car deliveries and tailing. I cleared out the rural area too, though there wasn't much outside of hot spots to check-in to. Then I started working on the north end of the map, clearing out a few ctOS towers, home invasions, investigations and weapon caches. I also completed a few criminal convoys which have become a lot easier now that I have decent weapons and better slow-motion shooting.

Boats are a great way to evade the police
Finally, I played quite a bit of the online modes. I LOVE the online races because the hacking, weather and shortcuts all affect the outcome a lot. The tailing missions are really cool too. I had one where the other player was right in the middle of a police chase and had to look for me while killing cops and avoiding tons of car crashes and explosions. I had a bit of time to do some online hacking, which is really just hide and seek. I haven't tried free roam or online decryption yet, but I'll get to those soon I'm sure.