June 2, 2014

Child of Light

Date played: June 1st
Platform: PS4
Session fun rating: 10/10

I played a little bit of Child of Light, but it wasn't devoid of big developments. Most of my play time was spent exploring the prison to save Oengus's friends. The labyrinth was simple, all I had to do was fight the enemies, open the chests and navigate the various doors. The trick was to look in the background of the room to find a symbol, then open the door with the corresponding symbol on it. When we reached the end, we freed the dudes and gathered some nice loot. They were pretty grateful, but it turns out they couldn't forgive Oengus for working with the dark witch. We left in search of the moon.

Fighting darkness!
We found it all right, but it was guarded by one of my step sisters which, it turns out, can turn into a fucking dragon of death. She had a couple of deathly cronies too. I used most of my team to destroy the boss. It wasn't very easy, but we got it done. When she died, she released the moon. When Aurora grabbed it, something INCREDIBLE happened and caught me by surprise. It was one of the most pleasant surprises I've had in a video game in a long time, but I won't spoil it here. Needless to say, our adventure will continue.