June 19, 2014

Super Bro Special

Date played: June 17th
Platform: PS4/Wii U
Session fun rating: 10/10

I played tons of games with one of my brothers. I don't see him a lot due to distance. In fact, I didn't even know he had never laid his hands on either a PS4 or a Wii U! We started with one of my favorites, Resogun. I played the first level then he tried his hand on the second. He seemed to like it a lot.

We then played a bit of Watch Dogs. I got invaded by another player early on which really surprised my brother. I managed to spot the invader by hacking a camera, but couldn't catch up to him to nab the kill. I then invaded another player in a hacking mission. I hid well and managed to hack the other person without getting caught.

We then played through a story mission. Aiden hacked into a database to trace the caller who harassed his sister. It became clear that this was being done by another fixer who seemed to have history with Aiden. After the hack, I had a fun fire fight in an alley. I used tons of hacking to help me thin out the horde, then shot them in the face with a shotgun. I then met with the other fixer who definitely has history with Aiden, though it's not really explained how. He offers to work with Aiden, but it seems like our hero doesn't want anything to do with that.

Split screen Mario Kart is fucking great!
After a few rounds of Cards Against Humanity, we jumped into Mario Kart 8. We started with some one on one racing to get my brother familiar with the controls. He's a Mario Kart veteran, so it wasn't too long before we had really close races. We ended up picking the same weight class, kart, wheels and glider to keep things very even. It made for some cool looking highlight reels. We then jumped online and had a ton of fun competing against others. I won quite a few of the races and he did well too, placing in the top 6 most of the time.