June 4, 2014

The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD

Date played: June 3rd
Platform: Wii U
Session fun rating: 8/10

I played a few minutes of Wind Waker with my daughter. She's starting to understand video games a lot better now and is asking more relevant questions, which is making things a lot more interesting for me. She remembered that it was Link's birthday, that he got a new tunic and that we were looking for his sister! I explored the first area thoroughly and found a few chests with rupees in it. I found a shop and bought a bait bag, though I don't remember what they are really for yet. I also found three pigs that I picked up and brought back to a pen nearby for a lady. My daughter really loved those pigs...

Link has a weapon!
Finally, I went to see my sister on the tower and she gave me the spyglass as a birthday present. We soon spotted the game's initiating event, a giant bird holding a person in it's claws flying by. The bird dropped the person in the nearby woods when it was shot by a chasing pirate ship. Being a responsible little kid, I decided to help, so I got some sword training with the local weapons master. He was so impressed that he gave me the sword! Next time, I will go explore the woods.