June 26, 2014

Nano Assault Neo

CHARGE!
Date played: June 25th
Platform: Wii U
Session fun rating: 7/10

I played a quick game of Nano Assault Neo on the Gamepad while watching a TV show. The Gamepad is really cool for playing games like this while doing something else more passively. Nano Assault Neo requires a great deal of concentration though, so I ended up not really watching the show...

Either way, I made my way through the second set of cells and defeated the second boss, which opened up the third set of cells. The second set had a good variety of enemies, including some ugly bugs and some weird looking spiky balls. The only problem I have with this game is that it never seems to be as precise as something like Resogun or Geometry Wars. Also, while it looks fucking amazing, the uneven terrain can make the game more difficult than it really should be as it sometimes obscures the view a bit.