June 12, 2014

Watch Dogs

Date played: June 11th
Platform: PS4
Session fun rating: 8/10

I'm in downtown Chicago now and a ton of new mission types have opened up. I started with a story mission where Aiden had to infiltrate a construction site and gather some intel. It actually felt more like a stealth game than an action game. I was using cameras to look around and tag enemies, then killing them with hacking. For example, I dropped a crate on two dudes, made some grenades explode in the enemy's pockets and blew pipes and other shit. When most were dead, I swooped in with the silenced pistol to finish off the rest. It felt really nice and played well.

Seriously...
Then I played tons of side stuff again, this time a bit more combat focused. Gang hideouts are pretty cool. I had to kill all enemies except the leader, which I had to knock out non-lethally. I completed two of those, one set in a parking garage, the other on a rooftop. I had to be careful because Aiden can't really take a lot of damage. I also had to use focus, a slow motion ability, when shit got too crazy.

I completed a criminal convoy. While it's a really cool idea, I had a hard time wrapping my head around it the first couple of times I tried and failed. Basically, two trucks and a bunch of cars follow a set route that is visible on the map. I must then ambush them and knock out two of the dudes. Everyone is using shotguns and assault rifles though, so it became quite difficult. I ended up setting an ambush in a alley. I blocked the exit with a hacked barrier, put some cars in the way and hunkered down with my assault rifle. I took out the thugs first, even using a generator blackout to help me for a bit, then ran in and knocked out the remaining dudes. It was hard not to kill the targets by mistake though... Finally, I hacked two ctOS towers and visited a few hotspots. This game is very big...