June 20, 2014

Watch Dogs

Date played: June 20th
Platform: PS4
Session fun rating: 8/10

I played a few story missions, then jumped into more side missions. It seems there was a survivor from the event in the stadium, so for some reason, that meant I had to find a dude who runs a gang or something. In this game, it's often not clear why the missions are what they are... Either way, I had to go through the man's thugs to reach him in an industrial area near a canal. After dispatching many goons, I reached the man, convinced him to give me a man's name and left. As I left, dozens of men jumped out and shot at me. There was even a fucking helicopter! I hacked the chopper to slow it down, ran like hell and hopped on a fishing boat nearby to escape the area.
Aiden prepares to murder dozens of criminals
The next mission had me eavesdrop on the mysterious man's niece. The scenario was pretty interesting... I called the niece and said I had important information for her uncle concerning medical tests. She told me she hadn't seen him in years. When she hung up, she immediately called and warned him of the call. Of course, Aiden then traced the call back to the man. I then intercepted the man as he was driving, shot him in the face and killed all of his acolytes.

That's when two DLC missions showed up on the map, one was a code I had in the box, the other is the Playstation exclusive stuff. The first one was a clone of a fixer contract where Aiden must tail a car while downloading it's data and avoiding thug cars. The other had Aiden infiltrate a mansion, kill a bunch of powerful enemies, hack data, then chase a person. It was really cool. I was then asked to gather 10 hard drives scattered around the map. I have 9 of them and will get the last one next time I play.

I also started clearing out the southern island of Chicago. I hacked the ctOS server and one tower, then completed a few privacy invasions. I also checked in at a few hot-spots.