May 14, 2014

The Walking Dead: Season 2 Episode 3

Date played: May 14th
Platform: PC
Session fun rating: 7/10

I'm kind of disappointed... I played and finished Episode 3 of the second season of The Walking Dead, and I feel like it was a bit of a let down with the exception of a few scenes. This episode takes place at Bill Carver's camp, the old leader of my new group. We are put to work right away as prisoners. Clementine develops a relationship with Bonnie, one of the characters from the 400 Days episode, which was the most interesting part of the early parts.

While working for Carver, we started hearing about a nearby herd of walkers that would reach the area soon, so we made a plan to escape. I had to find some radios, sneak into Carver's office, turn on a PA system and even stick a CD into the disc player.

The group faces off with Carver
Things got really nasty of course, as they always do in these games. Some of our friends died some of our enemies died. In fact, one of the most violent and gruesome scenes in the series happened near the end of the episode which of course, I won't spoil here. We added a few new members to our group too, including a tough as nails chick who reminds me a bit of Michonne from the comic books and TV show. Clementine had some tough choices in this episode, as usual, but they seemed a bit more subtle this time. I hope episode 4 is a bit better as this one wasn't as good as usual.