May 13, 2014

Hearthstone

Date played: May 10th, 11th and 12th
Platform: PC
Session fun rating: 10/10

Finally getting back to Hearthstone after a long overseas trip without access to it feels like the first line of coke for a recovering cocaine junkie. That is, it feels fucking incredible. I played a bunch of matches to complete my quests, many of them requiring the use of the pally. I've rebuilt it's deck so that it has the potential for incredible finishers. My favorite setup is to wait until I have a strong creature on the board, basically anything that has 5 attack or more, then putting a +4/+4 Blessing of Kings, followed by a card that doubles it's attack power. I've managed to hold off fast decks for many turns, then dealing an unbeatable blow of 20 or more attack in one turn with a single minion.

Well played indeed sir
I also played an arena match, where I chose the paladin again and managed three wins. I like the arena but the gold cost to enter is kind of high...