May 30, 2014

Child of Light

Date played: May 29th
Platform: PS4
Session fun rating: 9/10

I found my friends! Aurora and Oengus fought their way through the prison area and found all of our friends in jail cells at the bottom of the tower. We liberated everyone, solved a mini puzzle and went on our way. Soon after, he asked that I help him rescue his friends in a labyrinth, but I haven't started that yet.

Oengus is awesome
The fighting is getting more complicated every minute and I find myself swapping out characters a lot more than in the beginning of the game. Everyone has something useful to bring to battle. Maybe it's because I'm playing on hard, but it seems like I have to use every character to be really effective. Aurora plays a top role with her light magic and strong physical attacks, plus I dumped all the level up items on her. I love this game and can't wait to play more...when my daughter is around. She insists on seeing this game through and I find that adorable.