May 20, 2014

inFAMOUS Second Son

Date played: May 19th
Platform: PS4
Session fun rating: 10/10

I made it to the second large portion of the city. First, Delsin and Fetch took out a large group of drug dealers near the docks. The drug gang uses a dolphin logo on their stuff, so I had to find houseboats that have drugs on them so that Fetch could blow them up. I also rescued a few hookers that were being detained by the gang.

Before moving on with the story, I discovered an extra mission that is tied to the Paper Trail ARG, a website based side game. It's actually really cool, gives lots of additional info on the game's world and has fun little puzzles. The mission in the real game had me chasing a new conduit that uses paper as her power. There's a nice sub-plot about her where Delsin has to investigate murders, then I would have to flip to the website to inspect the clues.

The story opened up a bit more, with Delsin and Fetch making their way across to the second island, which was blocked off by Augustine's concrete. She forced Delsin to reveal that he had learned a new power by pitting him against a very strong concrete conduit that was vulnerable to neon. The fight was actually pretty rough, the dude was fast and hit really hard. I died a few times before succeeding...

The boss fight on the bridge
With that threat out of the way, I started exploring the second portion of the city, definitely a Chinatown kind of place so far. Lots of high buildings, neon signs and cool looking architecture. I cleared out the first neighbourhood by doing all the side quests and district showdown. A new conduit is wrecking havoc in the city... I discovered that the conduit is spawning weird flying angels from video screens and has them kidnap potential conduits. I fought some angels and gave chase, but wasn't able to catch up. Delsin's brother came up with a nice plan to get captured by the angels and have Delsin follow him to destination.