May 17, 2014

Hearthstone

Date played: May 16th and 17th
Platform: PC
Session fun rating: 9/10

My daily quest had me win 7 matches in any mode, so I thought I would fine tune my skills with the rogue deck, one of my favorites in the game. It's focused on minions that have a summon as their battlecry and a few cards that play with that concept by putting cards back in my hand. I've had some really nasty combos to deal out with this strategy and I really like how it plays. I won 5 matches in a row before a nasty warlock had it's way with me.
Valeera rocks

I also played a few matches against my girlfriend, though she is still using the initial basic decks and only knows how to play the mage. I beat her of course, but after a couple of matches, I decided to use the exact same deck as her. I still won a lot because she didn't seem to do as much math as me during a game, but she saw a few of the simple strategies I used and learned from it. By the end of our three match session, she was getting closer and closer to winning. I also played a bit with Thrall, the shaman, to unlock more of his cards and complete the other daily quest I had. I'm not sure I like the shaman... he seems a bit on the weak side, though I've managed to win a few matches using his windfury abilities and totems.