May 13, 2014

inFAMOUS Second Son

Date played: May 13th
Platform: PS4
Session fun rating: 8/10

I finally got into the city and saw what the meat of the game looks like. It actually feels quite a bit like Assassin's Creed IV, minus the sailing, as the map is littered with little activities to complete and collectibles to find. It seems like the bulk of the game will be about taking control of different sections of the city by taking down enemy equipment, stations and troops.

I destroyed several security cameras, large armored vehicles and enemies and managed to find a few new powers along the way, as well as blast shards that act as currency for upgrades. I upgraded my melee, my smoke shot and general smoke power efficiency. However, the most impressive of the new abilities is the diving punch. When jumping from heights, Delsin smacks his fist on the ground and launches nearby enemies to their death, in style.
Fuck yeah baby!

I beat a concrete slinging mini-boss in the hopes that I could steal his power as I did in the opening scene, but it failed. Delsin hides this from his brother as he continues his quest to gain more power and take out the evil lady in charge of the concrete slinging crew.