May 25, 2014

Lego City Undercover

Moon buggy chase!
Date played: May 25th
Platform: Wii U
Session fun rating: 6/10

My daughter asked for me to play "The Lego game", so of course, I obliged.

It's been a while since I played it, so it took me a few minutes to remember some of the details of the different abilities, but was soon back in the groove. I started with a quick mission, which had me taking pictures of criminals stealing cars and such for the Chinese gang. Then I played a few side missions that I saw along the way, 2 car chases and a boat time trial. It was the first time I got to drive a boat, which handled well and was fun to ride.

Then I played another main mission, this time, a more lengthy one that required me to take a boat to a nearby island and steal a moon buggy from the space centre! In the process, I found the astronaut costume which opens specially marked boxes and summons building blocks via satellite. The dude also has a fucking laser gun, which made it all worthwhile. I explored the space centre by solving many little puzzles and platforming my way through, eventually reaching the moon buggy, stored inside a space shuttle. When I got it, I had to escape the area in the little vehicle.