May 22, 2014

SimCity

Date played: May 21st
Platform: PC
Session fun rating: 8/10

I played a bit more of SimCity and expanded my region with two new cities. The first one is on flat land near the sea. It actually runs pretty damn well and has scored a department of utilities and security for the region. It doesn't have a specialty, though I suspect tourism will be my best bet, maybe electronics. I'm pretty proud of it due to it's good balance, it basically runs itself. I made one mistake though, I started investing in wind power, which turns out is VERY expensive for little benefit.

Holy fucking traffic
The second city I made is a fucking mess. It's on a mountainous area and has many natural resources, like oil, ore and coal. I decided to capitalize on those, starting with an ore mine. However, I quickly ran into incredible traffic problems due to the weird layout of the land. It also doesn't help that I put a train station. Normally, the train station would be good, but in this city, I have unemployment problems, which means that many citizens go to work in different cities...which means they clog up the traffic. I put in a streetcar, but it's just not enough.