May 15, 2014

Hearthstone

Sneaky fucker
Date played: May 15th
Platform: PC
Session fun rating: 9/10

Another day, another Hearthstone quest.

I had a quest to win 5 matches as a paladin or warrior, so of course, I went with the class I've enjoyed the most out of the two, the pally. I made minor changes to the deck, including a very cool card that works well with my current deck. Ravenholdt Assassin is a 7/5 stealth card, which turns out to be a really cool card to use with a bunch of buffs. Basically, I make sure I have a decent front line, throw out the assassin and distract the enemy with my other minions. Since it's stealth, they will usually let it live one turn. Then on the next turn I buff the shit out of it and hit hard when they least expect it. I've managed to hit for over 20 damage in one attack with this guy. I'm starting to see more of the synergy between cards in this game, and it's making me deadlier and deadlier.

I played ranked games though, which meant that at level 20, I was duelling with dudes that have a lot of really good cards, including one fucker who managed to play two legendaries in one game. I also fought a guy with a deadly card that deals 1 random damage to the enemy whenever a minion is summoned. He had two of those on the board, plus he was a pally, so he was able to summon creatures every turn even if he didn't have the cards. I lost that match horribly.