September 29, 2013

Skylanders Giants

Date played: September 28th
The ice race is fucking awful
Platform: Wii U
Session fun rating: 7/10

My daughter wanted to play with the Skylanders toys so I booted the game up and played a bunch of heroic challenges, mini events that increase the characters stats. I have four unlocked, a race to defeat 8 spiders, a gecko retrieval mission, a shitty obstacle course on ice and a scavenger hunt for zombie heads. I played the Gecko one with all 6 of my toys as my daughter loved the song they sing when rescued. Them I fought the spiders with a few of them, did the obstacle race with 3 and the zombie head retrieval with 2 characters.

They give pretty substantial stat boosts and are all pretty short, so it's pretty cool. It's also helped me learn how to be more efficient with each of my Skylanders due to time limits on the challenges.