September 13, 2013

Magic 2014

Date played: September 12th
Platform: PC
Session fun rating: 8/10

That guy never stood a chance
I played through the second campaign chapter, one battle of the third and two planeswalker duels. While I pretty much stuck to the creature heavy green deck so far, I found myself switching it up a lot more today. For example, for me to beat the dual against the black zombie deck, I used Chandra's red deck which had more options for direct damage, snubbing the zombie deck's power. When I played against a very powerful but very slow green deck, I used the fast and nimble white deck. I even managed to beat Garruck's green deck without him ever even summoning a creature!

Some of the encounters I played were pretty cool, including an equipment focused opponent. I used Chandra's deck which has a few artifact destroying cards. I also fought a deck that would destroy my lands, dealing progressively more damage every time. Small creatures won that battle for me.