September 30, 2013

Grand Theft Auto V

Date played: September 29th
Platform: PS3
Session fun rating: 10/10

Hours and hours of activities and side quests! I must have played 3 hours or more and I didn't touch a single main story mission. I accidentally stumbled upon the last of the bail bonds for Maude. When I turned the dude in, she confessed that she wanted to live a normal life. While I have a hard time seeing her do that, I hope gets her white picket fence life one day. I then tackled that damn Coyote triathlon, the 30 minute epic race. I failed 18 minutes in because I hit a civilian hard enough to kill her, which forced me to retry. One the second try, Trevor was brilliant and won first place. He celebrated with a rampage, this time on a bunch of coffee drinking, scooter riding, condescending hipsters.

I then went on my first "friend date" with Trevor and Micheal. They first went for a drink at a bar, drove drunk to the movie theatre, and topped the night off with a couple of strippers at the titty bar. The movie we watched was actually pretty entertaining. It was about a British, office working robot who gets sick of it all and goes on a killing spree. It was kind of funny, so I watched it all the way through.

I then jumped back to Franklin. Seeing as his shooting skill was complete shit, I spent some time at the firing range. I got into it and managed a medal in every weapon class. I was surprised to score a 10% discount at Ammu-nation! Not only that, but I almost maxed out his shooting skill. Since he also sucks at flying planes, I decided to complete flight school with him. Flight school was really fun. It starts with simple things like takeoff and landing, then I learned how to fly low, knife the plane, loop and even made an emergency landing on a bridge. I then graduated to helicopters where I had a bit more trouble. I had flown many planes already with Trevor's smuggling missions, but it was my first time in a helicopter. Then I learned how to properly parachute, having to land on static and moving targets. Finally, I made an epic stunt run through the city. I even had Micheal do a couple of lessons to boost his skill too.
You want variety? You got it baby.

Franklin got back in his natural element with a motorcycle race. The first time I tried, I crashed to my death, but on my second attempt, I abused his special ability and got first place. I also met a crazy guy who wants spaceship parts, I assume these are collectibles scattered across the map, but I haven't seen one yet. Trevor then met a weird elderly British couple who obsesses over celebrities and their belongings. My favorite psycho agreed to help. The first object was a golden tooth from a member of Love Fist, the ageing rock band. Of course, that meant beating the shit out of the guy, stealing his tooth and evading the cops. The second object was a collar from some young pop star's dog. I had to chase the cute little fella, pet him a bit and ran away with the prize. I think next time I play, I should get back into real missions so I can put all these new skills to good use!