September 27, 2013

Mario and Luigi Dream Team

This was the best way to beat the last mini-boss
Date played: September 26th
Platform: 3DS
Session fun rating: 7/10

I opened the way to the two final mini-bosses in Big Massif's dream. To do so, Luigi had to assist Mario with a new dream move, a slow-mo and fast forward mode. In fast mode, Mario can move faster (duh) and can bypass conveyor belts that are too fast for normal speeds. In slow mode, he can jump higher and farther. This made for a few interesting scenarios in the dungeon where I had to reach a specific spot before a timer ran out.

I then challenged the third little brown dude. This time, I had to win by only using counter attacks. It took me a few tries to get the timing down, but once I got a grip on it, it was easy. The fourth mini-boss was a lot trickier. I had to beat him and his minions within three turns. At first, I tried the hammer, but that wasn't strong enough to kill the boss. Then I tried with jumps, but then I always had minions left. Finally, I resorted to using the Luiginary ball attack. It was strong enough to kill everything as long as I was getting excellent hits. Big Massif is next!