September 19, 2013

Grand Theft Auto V

Date played: September 18th
Platform: PS3
Session fun rating: 9/10

I started my night with some races with Franklin. I quickly realized that these events were pointless, as the only reward is a bit of cash. Franklin's special ability came in handy again though as it can let him pull off miracles when driving. I then played an interesting side quest where Franklin is accosted by a motorcycle riding paparazzi. He spotted a famous movie star of some kind and begs our hero to help him get a "muff shot" while she is sitting in her limo. I drove next to the star's window long enough for my friend to get the perfect crotch shot when we spotted a competing photographer. Naturally, we killed him.

Amanda is a shitty wife so far
I then jumped over to Micheal and did a funky side quest. He meets a man who is trying to legalize weed. During the conversation, he offers some reefer, which Micheal reluctantly accepts. The mission was a battle against aliens in an amazing rendition of a bad trip, complete with unlimited ammo minigun and funky colors. I also played a full on, 3 set tennis match. It was actually pretty well made, though it didn't take long for me to figure out how to beat the AI.

I then played one of Micheal's main story missions. He walks into the house, only to find his wife fucking the tennis instructor. Angry, Micheal threatens the man who then runs away by jumping through the window. By chance, Franklin shows up at the same time. With the wife half naked, screaming that "It's not what it looks like!" (bullshit), Micheal and Franklin head outside to chase the man. I lost him on the chase, but I tracked him down to a house built on the side of a cliff. After a brief exchange of insults, we tied a truck to the struts holding the house up and stepped on the gas until the whole fucking place was knocked down. It turned out, that wasn't even the guy's house and the lady who owns it sent a bunch of mobsters after us, which we shot up while driving away. It was cool because I could switch between the two characters during the chase to either focus on shooting or driving. As a fitting finale to Micheal's crazy day, I visited his shrink. Micheal reveals that he loves the chaos, the violence, the action of a crime life, only to be met by complete apathy from his awful doctor. I stole the doc's Comet on my way out. Felt good.