September 6, 2013

Magic 2014

Opening a booster pack is fun!
Date played: September 4th
Platform: PC
Session fun rating: 7/10

I tried a few of the other modes in the game. First, I attempted a duel against one of the main characters, the lady with the black deck. I got trounced though, I think I will need a better deck to win. Then I tried the sealed deck campaign. This mode lets you open and collect booster packs to create your own deck from random cards. It's a really cool idea and it even has it's own mini-campaign mode. I played through the first two encounters with a mainly white deck, supplemented by a few blue cards. It works well since I have a lot of interrupts with the blue cards and tons of small to medium sized creatures from the white cards.

Last but not least, I fought an online opponent only to be completely destroyed. He was using a black and red deck I think. I scored a bit of damage on the other guy but he kept banishing my creatures and dealing direct damage to my character with instant spells. It was rough.