September 8, 2013

Nano Assault Neo

Nano Assaul Neo looks fantastic
Date played: September 7th
Platform: Wii U
Session fun rating: 8/10

One of my brothers came over to hang out. After watching a movie (Moonrise Kingdom, it was amazing), we played some two player Nano Assault Neo. The first time we played, I was a bit on the dumb side. I was looking at the TV screen the whole time and though I had to stay close to my brother since it wasn't a split screen. After we had a Game Over, I realized that I could have looked at the Gamepad to play and he could use the TV. Once we figured that out, we shot our way through the first four levels. The last of the four was a boss battle, though with two fully armed players, he was a piece of cake. We also played a bonus level, the most visually impressive portion of the game. There is also a cool but useless feature in multiplayer where the TV player can see the Gamepad player's face through the camera. It's a cool idea but it blocks too much of the screen. In a game like this, that means the difference between life and death. We turned it off quickly.