September 25, 2013

Grand Theft Auto V

Date played: September 24th
Platform: PS3
Session fun rating: 9/10

Trevor did some more redneck stuff. I was intrigued by Mount Chiliad, the epic mountain that dominates the rural area of San Andreas, so I took the cable car to the top. To my surprise, I was rewarded with a parachute and the third bail bond target. When I got close to him, he jumped off the mountain and parachuted down, so I followed him to the bottom and tackled him and brought him back to Maude.

This song played at an oddly appropriate time
I then went hunting with Cletus. We hunted male elks using a sniper rifle and an elk caller. We had to stay silent and make sure Trevor's scent wasn't reaching the elks by keeping an eye on a wind meter. The caller itself is made from a diaphragm previously owned by Cletus's late grandmother... Yuck. After the tutorial, I had to hunt alone and send pictures of my kills to Cletus using the iFruit's camera. This opened up hunting missions. I tried one but it was really boring so I don't think I will do that again. On the way there, I saw another armored cash van which I assaulted. I then ran away from the cops in an El Camino with Britney Spears's "Gimme More" blaring on the radio. While that may sound stupid, and it is, it was also pretty fucking amazing.

Finally, after all this hunting and stealing, I had enough cash to buy the plane hangar. When I did, it opened up smuggling missions, some with a buggy and some with a Cessna looking plane. I did a few of these and they were lots of fun. In the buggy, I had to pick up firearms being air dropped while avoiding major roads. I also had to beat a Salvadorian truck to the delivery. In the plane, I had to drop off two packages in specific areas. The plane handles well and is fun to pilot. I had no problems landing it either. With all that money, I stopped at an Ammu-Nation and upgraded most of my guns. Then I invested a few thousand in stocks...we'll see where that goes.