September 27, 2013

Grand Theft Auto V

Date played: September 26th
Platform: PS3
Session fun rating: 10/10

I fucking love Trevor. He's rude, vulgar, violent, reckless and plain crazy! I started with a few smuggling missions, one of which required me to fly below police radar to make weapon drops with the plane. Then, one of his subordinates found Micheal in Los Santos, so they decide to visit the big city. Before leaving though, Trevor insists on taking out The Lost for good. He visits their trailer park and uses stealth to take out a couple of guys and place C4 explosives on five or six caravans, resulting in explosions and mass murder.

We then drove to Los Santos. The long drive was a great place for Trevor to reveal a bit more about himself in a conversation with Wade, his minion. It turns out Trevor is Canadian, played a bit of Hockey and got kicked out of flying school because of a psychological evaluation. He also explains how he met Micheal and started doing bank robberies. Finally, they reach the apartment, a new safe house. Seeing how this was a new city, I figured it was a good time to give Trevor's clothes a makeover. I bought him a nice orange tank top and some cleaner pants. I then brought some poor drunk schmuck to the cult and gave a nice business man a motorcycle ride to the airport.

I am now able to change characters again, so I jumped to Franklin and refreshed his wardrobe too. I got him some nice new tattoos, a green hoodie, a new hat, some sneakers and new cargo shorts. I found and Infernus on the road, so I jumped in and completed another race event. I then repaired, painted and upgraded the lights on the Infernus and saved it to my garage.

When I switched to Micheal, it automatically started the next mission. It begins
Fame or Shame!
with our man finding his son's giant weed stash in the fridge. In the middle of an argument with his wife and son, Trevor shows up to everyone's surprise. After a few harsh words, Trevor asked about Micheal's daughter, who turned out to be auditioning on Lazlow's shitty reality show, Fame or Shame. Trevor, having a soft spot for the girl, coaxes Micheal into getting her out of that gig.

This is a scene where it's clear that Micheal has become...well, a pussy. Trevor doesn't hesitate to bring a chair to a security guard's head and scaring off Lazlow who then runs away in a Prius. Yep, a fucking Prius. We give chase with the show's semi truck, drop the trailer and wait until the our target runs out of battery juice. Once captured, Trevor makes Lazlow dance in his underwear as he records everything, then posts it on the internet. While the gameplay in the mission was very average, the dialogue and character interactions were some of the best in the game so far.