December 14, 2011

Rage demo

Date played: December 14th
Platform: PS3
Time played: 15 minutes
Session fun rating: 6/10

Yes, it looks that good
I didn't really have time to play this properly as I had limited time and I think I need to give it a second chance. For starters, it looks simply incredible. The graphics are industry leading and it runs at a smooth 60 FPS the whole time which is impossible to appreciate in videos or screenshots.  It gives a great first impression.

The demo starts off in a city and what put me off right away is that there are a bunch of people to talk to but none of them seem to have anything good to say and your character doesn't speak.  There are no dialog trees or anything, it really feels lifeless even if it looks great.  I explored the city a bit and found some cards on the floor (I assume it's for some sort of mini game) then headed to the "dungeon" area.  Here's where it kind of failed for me, the combat just didn't seem fun.  Maybe it's just because I didn't take time to properly play it but it just left a bad taste in my mouth.  I will try it again when I have more time to give is a fair chance.