December 13, 2011

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

The previous owner of the cursed ring
Date played: December 12th
Platform: PS3
Time played: 90 minutes
Session fun rating: 10/10

I decided to explore a bit today and went to one of the holds I had never seen, Falkreath. On my way there, I stopped at a suspicious looking house and found a big dungeon hidden beneath it. I explored it and found a nice cache of treasures.

Falkreath is a small town to the south and it seems to have a few cool quests so far.  In fact, in the jail, I found a dude that had a cursed ring, the ring of Hircine and he gave it to me.  The only problem is that it transforms it's wearer into a werewolf at random times, not exactly the most practical thing when in a town.  I then had to seek out a giant deer that holds the spirit of the hunt.  After killing the deer, the spirit talked to me and asked me to go kill...something before he could lift the curse on the ring.  I found this quest very interesting so far and will keep going with it until the end before doing other things.  At least that's the plan.