December 19, 2011

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Date played: December 17th, 18th and 19th
Platform: PS3
Time played: 300 minutes
Session fun rating: 10/10

Oh my God I love this fucking game. This is easily my favorite game of the generation and I don't say this lightly. I just love the freedom and size of this game. I've infiltrated a Thalmor embassy, killed some dragons, explored caves and dungeons, met some messed up people and befriended a bunch of mages at Winterhold College.

In fact, I've been mostly focusing on the Winterhold College quest line because it was interesting and mysterious. I think I'm nearing it's end though as I now have to retrieve a legendary staff that will help decipher a magical artifact I found earlier.
Daedric armor is fucking bad ass

 I also spent some time making a few Daedric armor pieces. The problem with making those is that they require a Daedra Heart to make and a good amount of Ebony. The Ebony isn't a big problem, I just have to visit a few vendors and spend some hard earned gold. The Daedra Hearts have been more difficult however. I found one in a room in Whiterun and will keep going there to get it whenever it respawns. I also found one of the mages in Winterhold sells them but they are 900 gold each and he only had two. I made Daedric Gauntlets (pointy fingertips!), a Daedric Sword and a Daedric Shield then improved them and enchanted them. Now all I am missing are the armor and boots. I'm skipping the helmet because I am using the Dragon Priest mask that gives 70 extra stamina.

I simply can't wait to play again and see what else I'll discover in this huge world. 60 hours in and I'm still having fun.