December 20, 2011

Mario Kart 7

Date played: December 19th
Platform: 3DS
Time played: 40 minutes
Session fun rating: 9/10

Well, I've unlocked all the characters for Mario Kart 7 and had at least one star on each cup. The two remaining characters were Metal Mario and Lakitu. I think Lakitu is a great addition since he's just so cute! Completing all cups unlocked the mirror mode cups which I haven't tried yet but should be interesting.


Aww, he's so cute and cuddly! 
Now that I've finally unlocked all the characters, I jumped online for the first time and did about five races. My weapon of choice seems to be Donkey Kong with the Zucchini kart and Slim wheels. It makes me very fast with low acceleration and medium handling while still having a lot of weight to push people around. The only problem is that when I am hit with items, it takes a while to get back to speed. However, I'm pretty good at keeping a nice racing line, popping mini turbos often and taking advantage of my top speed. Of the five races, all of which were against six or seven people, I've managed one win, three second places and one third place.

It seems that most people online use high acceleration and high handling with low speed which gives me a chance to plow ahead of the pack by simply driving well. In fact, in the race I won, I placed at least 6 seconds ahead of everyone else. I'm loving the online so far and look forward to playing some more.