December 30, 2011

Mario Kart 7

Date played: December 29th
Platform: 3DS
Time played: 15 minutes
Session fun rating: 7/10

The Tanooki tail is better than it seems at first
I found something interesting after getting a Streepass from my buddy at work. It seems that he gave me a special Grand Prix up to complete. I did it and noticed nothing different aside from the fact that my friend's Mii was in the race.

I also played a few online races and didn't fare that well. I placed 2nd a few times and I mostly kept to the podium. I finally unlocked a new glider thing, this one is blue and looks like a parachute. It adds acceleration and removes a bit of weight so I think it's worth equipping. I'm also rediscovering the uses of the Tanooki tail, it seems to be a very good defensive item, better than I first thought. It seems that it acts as a permanent shield from any item that would hit from behind, except the blue shell and the bob-omb.