December 27, 2011

Batman Arkham City

Date played: December 25th
Platform: PS3
Time played: 60 minutes
Session fun rating :8/10

I've had my eye on this game for a while but I was busy with Skyrim but my girlfriend thought better and bought it for me for Christmas! Yay for free games! I had loved Arkham Asylum when I played it two years ago so I have high expectations for the sequel. I've only played a short portion of the game so far but I like what I've seen.
The motherfucking Batman, that's who.

The change of setting from the prison to the city makes for a better hub world and the missions I played as good as anything in the first game. Hanging from gargoyles knocking out unsuspecting fools below never felt this good. I also played a short bit as Catwoman but didn't really get a good feel for her yet. I also confronted Harvey "Two Face" Dent and The Penguin, both of which are great. I'm barely scratching the surface here but Arkham City gives off a great first impression.