December 6, 2011

Little Big Planet 2

Best. Box art. Evar.
Date played: December 5th
Platform: PS3
Time played: 50 minutes
Session fun rating: 8/10

I don't really know what got into me but last night, I didn't feel like playing something violent or serious so I popped in LBP 2 and played a few community levels.  The thing that is just great with this game is that it always has new content and people are really skilled and dedicated when it comes to making levels.

I played a Sonic level that was sort of boring but had amazing music.  I played a "Walk through the forest" level that was simple, pretty, happy and pure fun.  I played a third person racing game.  I played retro games like Pac-Man (in which I ranked 3rd out of 67 players!), Asteroids, Space Invaders and an amazing reproduction of Berzerk.

Berzerk is one of the earliest memories in my life.  I clearly remember the great box art, the smell of the box, the red carpet I was sitting on, the tips my grandma would give me, the crazy running animation and the click-clack of the Atari 2600 joystick.  I think I played Pac-Man first but Berzerk still holds an important place in my early childhood.  In fact, I think I should start hunting eBay for a 2600, it would make a nice addition to my retro game room.