December 19, 2011

Game Boy Advance Ambassador special

I still think this is the best handheld console design
Date played: December 18th
Platform: 3DS
Time played: 60 minutes
Session fun rating: 8/10

Nintendo finally released it's 10 free GBA games to it's ambassadors, or as I like to call it, the "Take these free games and shut up!" group, the TTFGSU for short. Granted, I'm happy with my 3DS and I'm actually pretty happy with the way Nintendo handled us loyal customers who paid more than the device was worth. I didn't get to try all the games but here is what I played.

Warioware: Yes please, best time waster on GBA.
Zelda Minish Cap: We shall see, I've never played it but from the 5 minutes I tried, it seemed well made and looks interesting.
F-Zero: I never understood how to play this game well, it seems I can never take corners without hitting walls. Maybe I have to let go of the gas or something?
Mario vs DK: Looks like a really cool puzzle game. The graphics have this weird look to them but the game itself seems fun.
Mario Kart Super Circuit: Another weird one. It handles like Super Mario Kart and it really bizarre compared to MK7. I probably won't play this one very much.
Wario Land 4: Standard issue platformer n.162.
Kirby and the Amazing Mirror: Err... not what I was expecting. It has a big map with lots of paths and Kirby has a cell phone. That's right, a cell phone.
Yoshi's Island: I have a special relationship with this one as it was the first game I bought with my Super NES. In fact, the SNES was the first console I bought with my own money at the tender age of 12. I love this game haha!