December 11, 2011

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

The patch arrives, the game still hard freezes
Date played: December 10th and 11th
Platform: PS3
Time played: 70 minutes
Session fun rating: 8/10

Fucking open world games.  I turned in my Forelhost quest (the quest giver was an imposter!) and turned in another quest at the Winterhold College.  Then I went back to Whiterun to do some smithing, enchanting and alchemy.  I spent a good chunk of time making potions and as soon as I went out of my house, my PS3 froze completely.

This is not the first time it has happened but this time, I had no patience and just stopped playing until the next day.  I then finally got to finish my smithing and enchanting.  In fact, I can now make Ebony armor, I even equipped myself with a new armor, shield and boots.  I also killed a Flame Dragon just outside of Riften and did a quest for the Black-Briars that involved stealing a horse and it's ownership papers.

Oh yeah, I'm using a new follower too, a mage Khajit.  He seems to really help with his shock magic and it's kind of cool having an Argonian-Khajit team.