December 16, 2011

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Date played: December 16th
Platform: PS3
Time played: 75 minutes
Session fun rating: 9/10

I talked to Delphine in Riverwood and she wants me to infiltrate the Thalmor in Solitude. Solitude is way up in the North-West section of the map and I've never been there so I fast traveled to the closest place I had been and started walking.  Along the way, I found a dungeon that I had a quest for so I just went in and cleared it.

It was another of those Draugr and trap infested places but it was fairly short.  At level 33, I am pretty strong and didn't meet much resistance.  The last boss was super easy.  I also got to try my new enchant that gathers soul gems when killing an enemy.  While it works and is useful, I quickly realized that it would be more efficient to have two weapons, one to fill soul gems and one for fighting.  I will be making another Ebony sword and enchanting it with something more lethal.
Wow.  Just, wow.

After this, I continued my journey to Solitude and when I found it, it was quite a sight.  That city is fucking huge and is built on a very high cliff.  It truly looks amazing when approaching it.  After speaking to a few people, I had to stop playing but I have a lot to discover in this city I think.