December 2, 2011

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Date played: December 1st
Platform: PS3
Time played: 120 minutes
Session fun rating: 9\10

I spent a lot of time forging, improving, enchanting and concocting.  I am now able to make Orcish armor and weapons.  I had a bit of spare cash so I spent a lot of it on materials to make armor and weapons to skill up my smithing skill.  I am now wearing all Orcish armor except for my weapon.  It looks pretty damn cool too and I can see my face again!
I killed all of them!
I also leveled up my alchemy skills and made a bunch of new potions.  I'm actually using an Android app that shows all the recipes and all the ingredients.  It made my life so much easier!  I don't have to test combinations of ingredients and waste good materials to discover their effects.  Some may say it's cheating, I say it's being efficient.  My enchanting is leveling pretty well too and I have now noticed a difference in the quality of my enchantments.

I then went out on a short quest that had me kill my first giant.  These guys are pretty tough because they hit REALLY hard.  However, they are slow and usually don't come in groups so with a few potion buffs, I killed two giants and four mammoths.  There were really good fights because I felt like I really had to be careful and pay attention.  I've noticed that I could almost block all damage from a mammoth attack.  It feels nice to really see my character progress like that.