December 4, 2011

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Date played: December 2nd, 3rd and 4th
Platform: PS3
Time played: 300 minutes
Session fun rating: 10/10

FUS RO DAH!
I played lots and lots more of Skyrim.  The highlight of my play time is the main quest which I continued.  I had to retrieve the horn of the windcaller or something.  When I got to the objective area, the horn was gone and I was greeted by a lady who told me she knew how to find it.  Somehow, that involved fighting a dragon which I killed easily.  I was also apprehended by another dragon who spoke to me but I didn't understand him and he left.

I then retrieved the horn and brought it back to the Greybards who taught me the last word of the "Force Push" spell.  The spell is now useful as it knocks enemies down for a good period of time.  I also discovered that the lady is part of a group called the Blades and she has some missions for me.

I also started the Mage College's missions.  They sent me to investigate some ruins which hid a bunch of weak enemies and a large magical orb of some sort. Then I was sent to retrieve some books from a rogue magic school.  This was a really interesting mission that has a good dungeon.  I fought mages in there and my many potions came in handy to buff myself against magic.  There was a pretty tough fight against a lady that wields shock spells like the Emperor from Star Wars. I also did a bunch of little quests, as usual, including killing another dragon and learning a new shout that basically makes a decoy to distract enemies.  I don't think it will be very useful for my build.