December 7, 2011

Battlefield 3

The Rambo method works in BF3
Date played: December 7th
Platform: PS3
Time played: 40 minutes
Session fun rating: 6/10

I wasn't really feeling it today.  In fact, I think it's because I was expecting to play the Back to Karkand map pack but as usual, Sony doesn't want my money!  It seems that every time I try to buy something off the PSN store, something goes wrong.  This time, I tried to add 25$ to my PSN wallet but I got an error message that said "Could not add funds".  I know the credit card works and I know the information is correct on the online form.

Either way, I gave up and played two matches online.  I did pretty good, I'm spending more time trying to lay down suppression fire. Usually, suppression fire in games means firing in the general direction of the guy and hoping he gets scared enough not to poke his head off.  However, in BF3, there is a mechanic where the enemy player's vision is blurred if suppressed.  This makes it much more important to fire in the direction of enemies, even if they are not seen.