December 9, 2011

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Draugr are stronger in the Dragon Cult
Date played: December 9th
Platform: PS3
Time played: 100 minutes
Session fun rating: 9/10

I am still going going through the Dragon Cult's dungeon at Forelhost.  This has been one of the tougher dungeons so far as the enemies are quite strong and the place is riddled with traps of all kinds.  Swinging axes, rotating doors of death, pressure plates, arrow machine guns, deadly mage runes and even a rising platform with spikes at the top.  After playing for a few minutes and having Lydia die three times from traps, I decided to send her back home for the rest of the dungeon.

I even ran into some undead that have a disarm shout.  It sucks because my sword gets blown away somewhere in the room and it can be hard to find.  At one point, I even relied on my flame atronach, my shield bash and scrolls to deal damage while I tried to find my weapon on the ground.  After fighting a shit load of dudes, I reached the last boss which was very difficult for me. I really had to micro manage the whole fight.

First, I kited his minions out of the room and fought them off slowly before taking on the masked mofo. I then had to use a lot of healing potions and such.  I was actually applying poisons on almost every strike.  It worked out though, I killed him and looted his powerful mask.  It gives 70 more stamina!  All I have to do now is turn the quest in.