August 17, 2017

Wipeout Omega Collection

Date played: August 15th
Platform: PS4

I played a couple of events in Wipeout 2048 when Overwatch was patching. The first event was a regular race, but now I'm running at A Class speeds, so things have gone up a notch. This race was set on Sol, one of the coolest looking tracks in the whole franchise. Set high above ground, the track is mostly suspended on large, sweeping tracks that reach up into the sky. The bright blue sky, fluffy clouds and futuristic track design make this one of my favorite tracks.
Sol is a fantastic track

I won that one without any issues, using the Feisar Speed craft. I hit a wall with the next event though. This time trial is requiring a time of 1:44, and the best I was able to do after 5 attempts was 1:49. I think I may be using the wrong ship, or maybe I'm not using a good route on the track. I'll have to try this again differently the next time I play.